Monday, March 5, 2012

Real Life Romance..

Hey guys! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I had a very lazy/wonderful one myself! Friday night, I told Johnny that I desperately wanted to go out to eat! We had been eating in, saving money (I'll do a post about my meal planning skills another day), etc. for 2 weeks and I needed to eat somewhere besides our living room or dining room table! Now, Johnny boy is not one to go out to eat a lot. He uses the excuse that "it's more personal and romantic to eat at home just the two of us", but  I say that's just bologna!

So anyways, after begging and begging, we finally decided we would venture out.. but only to a small town about 10 minutes away from us..blah. But hey, I'll take what I can get with this stubborn boy. -- side note.. I hope baby Averill doesn't get both of our stubborn tendancies.. that would be a mixture for disaster! -- anyways, back to the story.. after much discussion, we decided that Huddle House (much like Waffle House for those of you who don't know) would be our destination!

We actually had a great time though, and although I already knew it, this date simply reinforced the idea that you don't have to go somewhere fancy or expensive to have a good time together. Maybe the atmosphere isn't sultry and the lights aren't dimmed, but it's still good, quality time together -- and when you're married and competing with friends, other obligations, etc. you take what you can get and make it worthwhile! This, my friends, is real life romance to me!

Saturday, we didn't do much. I took Baxter -- or "Badness" as we call him -- to the vet for his second round of shots and de-worming and went to the grocery store. JJ did some work around the house like hanging extra sets of shelves in closets, etc. That evening, we went to a benefit Wild Game supper at a local church and had a great time with friends! The food was very yummy , but I don't think it quite agreed with my stomach b/c that night is when I started getting sick.. blah!

That continued on into Sunday, and therefore we declared it a PJ day on the couch, where we did nothing but take turns changing to what movie or TV show we wanted to watch and take the dogs out. We did venture out to the pizza place  to pick up supper, since I was having a strong craving that night! But we were gone a total of 20 minutes and ended up right back on the couch where we started, and watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2!  Great, great movie!

That was our weekend... I think we meant to get more done than we did, but ya know what? We spent some good, quality, much needed time together doing nothing! It was fabulous! And I'm sure once baby Averill comes along, we won't have many more times like this.. without a whole bunch of planning, anyway. I love our real life romance. Sometimes it's not spicy, and it's not really romantic at all, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that boy...PJ's and all!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment