Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Size of a Blueberry!!

Ohhh my goodness!! Have I told you that we're having a BABY?! Lol I know I have but it just is really starting to seem real! We went to the Dr. today for our first ultrasound and it was amazing!! I've been thinking all day about what I want to say and how I want to say it, but I just don't know! I am literally so happy that I'm speechless. And those of you who know me well, know that is an accomplishment (making me speechless)! So, instead of talking about it, I'll just show you the pictures! :)




I know most of you are thinking.."hmm I can't even really see anything" and believe me, I understand because I used to feel the same way about ultrasound pictures. However, when you have your very own little baby love, you'll understand the excitement of this little black and white picture! :)

We had such a good time at this short and sweet appointment. It was great! We were a little concerned that we may be having twins (don't know why, I just had a feeling), so it was reassuring to find out there was only one little butterbean growing in there! I'm not saying we wouldn't have been thrilled to have two babies at once, but it definitely would have been stressful! So we will just be thankful for the one healthy baby that we have! :)

My weekly pregnancy newsletter thing says that butterbean is the size of a blueberry this week! I can't believe that in three weeks, we've gone from a mustard seed to a blueberry! And in three more weeks, we will be at the size of a PLUM! Agh! So blessed and excited for this addition to our little family!

On a side note, I wanted to share a recipe that I made last night. It's not a new one and it's not mine originally, but it's G-R-E-A-T and simple so I thought I'd share!

 
Ingredients:

Portabella Mushroom Caps (I usually get about 6)
Sliced swiss cheese
Kraft - Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing & Marinade (I've tried to add red pepper and parmesan to regular Italian dressing when I can't find this kind, but let me tell you, it's NOT the same! This dressing is a MUST when making this recipe!)


That is literally all you need.

First you take the mushroom caps and lay them upside down in a casserole dish like so...

The ones I bought were extra big, so I had  to use a big casserole dish and a small one. Usually I can get 6 normal sized ones to fit in one large dish.

Next, pour the dressing on top of the mushrooms.



Next , bake them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, place one slice of cheese on top of each mushroom cap and bake.


This is what your finished product will look like. I cannot tell you how yummy this tastes! And if your hubby is like mine, and won't eat any type of mushroom..this just means more for you!!!


Okay, this has been a very random post, but that's all I've got guys. Hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week. It's downhill from here!!


xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Yay for the little blueberry! So glad your appointment went well, and I totally understand being so excited about something so (physically) small:)

    ReplyDelete