Monday, January 7, 2013

Oh my my...so much to catch up on!

Okay dear blogger friends, apparently I am no good at keeping with something... especially while pregnant. There were days when I thought 'hmm.. I should probably write a blog post today...nah I don't feel like it.' Have no fear, I had very much to say and many many things happening, such as decorating a nursery, buying cute clothes, and ya know, growing a baby. However, I just couldn't find the energy or the care to sit down and write those things out.

Lazy, I know.

I would love to promise that I'll go back and do a post on everything important that's happened...and I very well may, but I might just kind of briefly update and get back to business now.. I haven't decided. But stay tuned friends, because I do plan on staying on top of this whole blogging thing in 2013.

I really want to use this as a journal of our lives and I know I'll look back and regret it if I don't document it all...especially things going on in Bailey Grace's life!

So...fresh start. Let's begin with the MOST important thing that happened in 2012 my whole life! The arrival of Bailey Grace!

We went in to the hospital at midnight on October 21st.. or midnight on October 22nd..? How do you say that? It was 12:00 in the morning no the 22nd, I know that... but how would you say it? Anyways, who cares... I was induced at about 2:30 that morning and started having contractions and all that jazz a few hours later. I think I got my epidural around 11:00am and really started dilating pretty good. We thought we were making good progress and even got up to 6 or 7 cm dilated, but when the doctor came in around 5:30 or 6:00 that evening, he said the baby was dropping like she was supposed to, so he thought we should do a C-section. I really didn't want to have a C-section if I didn't absolutely have to, so we gave Bailey Grace about an hour and a half more to see if we'd progress anymore. Well...we didn't. So we went in for the C-section at about 7:30pm and Bailey Grace was born at 8:00 on the dot! The doctor said it was a good thing we went with the C-section because she was wedged up in there pretty good and there was no way she would have come out on her own.

So, because we had a C-section, we didn't get any pictures of her RIGHT when she came out. In all the hustle and bustle, John John forgot his phone and the camera..naturally! So we saw her for the first time in the OR and to be honest, it was SO incredible! She and JJ headed to the nursery to measure, weigh,etc. and I got PLENTY of photo updates from Bailey Grace's "entourage" (our friends and family waiting outside the nursery window) after I got back to the recovery room. JJ eventually came back from the nursery and we waited not so patiently to see our love bug! :) Because it was so late when we finally delivered, and all of our friends and family had been waiting most of the day, everyone went home to get some rest and said they'd be back to visit her the next day. I was so so thankful for this because it gave John John and I some alone time with our baby we had been waiting on for so long. We were all so tired, but we did enjoy a couple hours with her before the nursery nurse came to take her back for the night.

Here are a TON few pictures from our hospital stay!


This sweet girl has been bright-eyed since she arrived in this world! Always afraid she will miss something!





 Bailey Grace had many many visitors at the hospital! **Disclaimer: these are only the photos I had on my phone. I didn't get a picture of everyone, so no hurt feelings if you're not in these pics! It's just because I didn't have a copy of your picture! :)** My mom was the main "paparazzi" for the first several weeks of BG's life, so I really need to get with her and get all those pictures. Another thing to add to my to-do list! 











 Poor sweet thing was NOT happy to be changed into her going home outfit!

 Daddy had to come to the rescue and calm her down a bit!











 On the way home, she decided her headband could double as an eye cover!

Well, that's just a small portion of our sweet baby's new life! I can't wait to get you up to speed on all that's happened in her short little life! She is SUCH a joy and we can't imagine life without her! 

"17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment