Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quarter of a Century..

Well folks, it's official. I'm old. Tomorrow is my 25th birthday. Although I realize I'm getting closer and closer to 30 (wow), I'm really not sad about it. First of all, it's way better than the alternative! And second, this season of life has been and hopefully will continue to be SO much fun!




John-John & I continue to learn more about each other and really grow together, Bailey Grace is just simply the joy of our lives, my relationship with Christ is headed in the right direction -- definitely not saying it's perfect or where it should be, but headed that way..-- and I'm super, super thankful for my family and friends! I'm just content. Content with life at 25.




Now typically I would think content meant you were okay where you are, therefore you don't strive for anything different. I'm not saying that. I do want to strive to be a better, kinder person, to have better and deeper relationships all around -- with God, John-John, friends, family and Bailey Grace as she grows! I want to strive to make more money to help my family (hence the new business venture!) and I for sure want to keep striving to have a healthier lifestyle. My friend and I were talking the other day about how we don't want to just "lose weight". We want to BE healthier! We want to be good, healthy role models for our kids so that they know how to make good choices when they're older.





I would love to do one of those posts about "all the things I've learned in my 25 years", but honestly I can't remember half of them to write them down, and plus -- most of the fun was figuring it out. Failing. Trying again. Falling. Getting back up. Being angry or hurt. Learning to forgive.

So, the best advice I can give is get out there and figure it out for yourself! Experience failure and experience success! Sometimes it will hurt, and sometimes it will feel like you'll never make it through. But, you will and you'll be so much better of a person for it!

**These family photos were taken by Juanita Pullen Photography. She does such an amazing job and I'm thrilled with how these turned out!! Check her out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment