Friday, February 10, 2012

End of the Week Tid Bits

  • Okay, so I couldn't think of one specific topic to talk about today, so I'm just going to let y'all in on what's running through my head these days... here goes!

  • I'm getting the new puppy today! His name is Baxter and I'm SO excited to finally bring him home! I will definitely be posting pictures of him very soon! I'm kind of nervous about going through the whole house training situation again, but hopefully now that I'm experienced in that department, it won't be so bad! I'm also nervous about what Riley is going to think about another canine in the house full time, but hey, we've got to get her used to sharing the attention before a baby comes along! :) 

  • AH! A friend and I are going to eat sushi tonight and to see The Vow, and I am beyond excited!! I had originally asked JJ to take me for our V-day date, but quickly realized that I'll enjoy it much more with a girlfriend than him (love you Johnny, but you're not a good movie partner at a chick flic! :) )

  • Body by Vi shakes are going great! My ultimate favorite shakes right now are the Cafe Latte' and Peanut Butter Banana (pretty much I have these two shakes everyday.. if it ain't broke don't fix it, right?!) I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't long to eat a "normal" lunch and actually chew on something sometimes, but for the most part, the shakes keep me full and I do feel a lot better! I'm not losing the weight like ultra-fast, but it is coming off little by little.. which is the "best way to do it" according to most people! I'm taking the advice of some of my friends and calling this a "lifestyle change" instead of a diet. I mean, I really do need to change my lifestyle for the long term and not just temporarily, so we'll see how permanent this becomes! We weigh in officially for "Biggest Loser - Akin Insurance Edition" on Monday, but as far as I can tell from weighing at home, I've lost about 3 pounds! :) yeeee I love it!

  • Oh. My. Goodness! Biggest news of the week...... Wedding pictures are done!!! YAY! I mean seriously, it was so much fun looking through them all. It was like re-living the whole day! I woke up this morning feeling giddy about my love for John John and just really remembering what it's all about. People have told me in the past, when you're mad as fire at your spouse, look through your wedding photos and it will make you feel better and most of that anger will dissolve. Now, I wasn't mad at JJ when I looked through them, but I'm just saying it kind of put more of a spark in my feelings for him :) I will be posting some of the wedding photos on the blog soon! LOVE them!

  • I made my first pound cake from scratch this week and it looked/smelled delicious! I was so surprised that I didn't just slice off a chunk and eat it! #willpower! I won't be posting that recipe, b/c there wasn't really much to it. I will say that if I didn't have my Kitchenaid stand mixer, it would have been a heck of a hassle!! I just let it keep mixing by itself and added ingredients as needed... I swear cooking with that thing is bliss!

  • As far as the "baby situation", we are taking the approach of - if it happens, it happens - Especially with me trying to lose weight right now, I'm trying to stay focused on that, and really it's working. With all the planning you have to do to eat healthy, it takes a LOT of focus! I really would like to get to my goal weight before we get pregnant, but if I don't, believe me you will not hear this Mama complaining!! I'm sure now that I'm focused on something else, we will probably get preggers immediately HA! #iaintmadatcha!

  • Anyways, that's enough rambling for now... Hope you all enjoyed a look inside my head. Maybe next time I'll have more of an interesting topic to discuss! Happy Friday everyone!! Oh, and I'll leave you with a teaser wedding photo! This is a funny one to me.. all the guys that were in the wedding gave JJ little "surprises" when they each walked down the aisle and shook his hand. This pic was taken after the ceremony and he was showing me all of his "goodies". Love it!

xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Deciding to try for a baby is so exciting! I hope it happens quickly for you guys! Enjoy sushi and the movie- sushi is my fav (obviously) and I can't wait to see The Vow!

    ReplyDelete