Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby OH!

Okay, so I thought after getting pregnant I would have SOO much to blog about, but apparently my life has grown more boring since putting a bun in this oven.. However,  I thought I'd go through all the ideas/plans/dreams I've been thinking about for the baby! Keep in mind, most of these are just ideas and may never come to fruition, but like I said -- I'm dreaming!

Okay -- Names!

This part is not dreaming, these are set in stone! For a baby girl, I've always always had this name picked out and coincidentally JJ loves it too, so we are going to go with Bailey Grace! I always struggled with how I wanted to spell Bailey, because I really like how it looks when it's spelled Bailee, but with my mom's name being spelled differently (Kandee) she's always told me whenever I name my children, to spell their name how it's supposed to be spelled -- so they don't have to spend their whole life spelling out their name for people or correcting them when they assume and spell it the "normal" way! Also, Bailey ended up being a family name on my Grandbuddy's side (his mother's maiden name) and obviously it is spelled the "normal" way.. So, I've decided we are going with Bailey!

For a baby boy, we've always gone back and forth on this as well.. because JJ is the 3rd of his name sake -- John Montague Averill III, but all the variations of this are mostly taken.. "Monta" is his papa (JMA, Sr.), "John" is his dad (JMA, Jr.) and obviously "John John" is him (JMA III). One name that was suggested was "John Monta", but we felt like that was too much. Like, we'd be at Christmas and someone would say -- "okay y'all, lunch is ready! Monta, John, John John, John Monta, come on!" HA! Too much! So, we kept thinking, and one day JJ came across the name "Duke", which isn't really a nickname for the IV (4th), but it's a nickname for the name John. I wasn't crazy about it at first, but it has really grown on me! I think it's very cute and unique, and let me tell you... it is NON negotiable! JJ is dead set on this name, so I might as well get acquainted! :)

Nursery...

So, I thought  Iwould be one of those mommies-to-be that had everything planned out, picked out, etc. but I cannot make up my mind on nursery decor! I found this fabric the other day and LOVE it! Actually, a couple friends of ours gave us a bib and burp cloth set and the burp cloth was in this fabric, so I went searching on the internet for it.


I was thinking we could do this for boy or girl, and either accent the pinks or the blues depending on what we're having... However, I was informed last night that this is apparently not appropriate for a baby boy :( -- side note, I hate  having to make joint decisions on this stuff! I wish I could pick out the name, decorate the nursery, etc. etc. BUT, I guess since JJ is the daddy, he should get a say so too! :)

So, this gets me back to square one on a boy's room.. I don't know what I like, and I feel like I've looked everywhere! If anyone has any suggestions, please share! I did find this one bedding set on http://www.polkatotdesigns.com/



The only thing I don't like about it is it's mostly black, and we are wanting to use mostly Cherry colored wood. Will this clash? P.S. Can you tell I'm obsessed with giraffes? Where the heck did this come from? I have no idea.. That just seems to be what catches my eye... weird, I know. 

I also went through all the fabrics that Polka Tot's offers and found these that  I think would make a cute design, but I'm nervous about ordering something without seeing how it turns out first, ya know?! Here are the fabrics...


    

Okay, ew... when I put them together like that, I don't like them. I like the solid colors, but not the prints. UGH do you see my dilemma?! I'm hoping this is a sign that we're having a girl haha! You know... a lot of people tell stories like 'oh, I couldn't ever think of a boy's name for if it was a boy, but I had my girl's name picked out from day one, and what do ya know?! It ended up being a girl!' Yeah, maybe that strategy works with being able to pick out bedding as well! :) A girl can dream, right?

Let me be clear about gender, I really will be happy either way, boy or girl. My only fear is that I'll never get "my girl". Of course, I'm sure JJ's fear is that he'll never get "his boy". I'm praying for patience and praying to be grateful for whatever we get -- boy, girl, sick, healthy -- because no matter what, it will be a blessing that God has given us!

Well, I guess that's all I've got on the planning front. I'm about 5 1/2 weeks along right now and thankfully, still not getting sick! We have our first ultrasound and Dr. visit set up for March 14th and I am SOO excited! I can't wait to see our little bugaboo! And I really really can't wait to see the look on Johnny's face when he see's our baby! :) He's going to be SUCH a great daddy!

Don't forget, if anyone has any suggestions on where to find baby boy bedding, hook a sista up!


xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Etsy has cute baby bedding, or you could do what I am, and have a friend make the bedding. We're paying her, but it will still end up being cheaper than buying it outright. Then you have more choices on fabrics (as long as you don't pick a $30 a yard fabric). Also, this is nice because then you have the option of only getting what you want/ need. We're getting a crib skirt, 3 crib sheets, and a changing cover, because we're doing a mesh bumper, and Emersyn's great grandma is going to make her quilt. Pretty sure this comment is now a novel, but email me if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting Baylor's bedding from Carousel Bedding: www.babybedding.com . It's not cheap but they have cute stuff. Also, just from an expecting mom to another.. don't be surprised if when you go in for your 8 week ultrasound your baby looks like a blob haha. I was expecting arms, legs, fingers, and toes and that wasn't the case!

    ReplyDelete