Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good News, Bad News...

Well, I know when I'm in the situation where I'm going to hear good news & bad news,  I always want to hear the bad news first. Then, you hear it, deal with it, get over it -- and then you get the good news to overshadow the bad! :) So, here goes...

Bad news is, I won't be losing any more weight in the near future. I'll be gaining. Booo!!

However, GOOD/GREAT/WONDERFUL news is.........WE ARE PREGNANT!!! Yayyy!! I cannot even put into words how ding-dang excited we are!! I know there are so many other couples who go through this struggle of trying to get pregnant for far longer than we did, and we are so grateful that God has blessed us so early! But, we also feel very humbled and saddened for those other couples... I hope God blesses them VERY soon!

So, I'll go through and answer all the typical questions that people have been asking us....

1. When did we find out? This past Friday! My parents got into town Thursday night around midnight, so I took Friday afternoon off work so we could go to lunch & hang out a little bit! After lunch, we went home and I caught up on recorded shows like Grey's Anatomy while we all chit-chatted about what had been going on, etc. After Grey's was over, for some reason I had an urge to take a pregnancy test. I had one left over from last month and so I just did it. I wasn't supposed to even miss my "cycle" until Monday, so I just knew the test was going to be negative..but to my amazement, two lines showed up!! The second one was faint, but definitely there! So, the next morning, I went to CVS and bought two more kinds of tests and took those... they were positive too!! It was official, I had a bun in the oven!

2. How far along am I/When are we due? Just about 5 weeks. We are due around October 27th! Wouldn't that be cool if we had our baby on our 1 year anniversary!! (October 22nd)

3. What was Johnny's reaction? At first he said, "no you're not", and after I finally convinced him that I was indeed preggers, he said "hmm cool". I was like... um  excuse me?! I was expecting more of a reaction than that!! But, I quickly learned that guys/new daddys need time to let it all soak in, because by the next morning when we started telling friends and family, he was getting more and more excited and talking about it more often. He still doesn't like to discuss the baby as much as I do, but really, who does?! haha

4. How am I feeling? Feeling good so far! I have found that today, after each time that I eat, I get a small nauseous feeling in the back of my throat, but nothing major. It does make me aware that the worst is coming..... I am SO not looking forward to being sick! I'm such a baby when it comes to that!

5. Been to the Dr? I've gone to do bloodwork twice this week, but have not seen my doctor. After I get the results of this morning's bloodwork (I'll get results tomorrow), then we will see about scheduling an appointment. It might not be for three or so weeks depending on my levels because they don't want me to come before I can hear the heartbeat. They said that relieves the stress for most mamas! **side note, I cannot believe I'm going to be a baby mama!!! even more than that, I can't beleive JJ is going to be a Daddy...sooo sweet!**

Anyways, that's about all the information I have so far. I promise to keep you updated on ultrasound pictures, nursery design, names, gender, etc.! I want to keep all this documented so I'll have it to look back on, so if I'm too thorough or over the top with my info, let me go ahead and apologize now :)

Now I'm going to continue to skip and dance and dream of babies and rainbows!!


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. So very excited for you!!!! I hope the worst of the sickness skips past you so you can just enjoy it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete