Friday, January 13, 2012

Being a Better Christian..

Do you ever feel like, in whatever you're doing, whether it's room mom, friend, career, etc. etc. that you're not holding up your end of the bargain? Well, I've been having this nagging feeling that I'm not holding up my end of the bargain with God.. I know that's a strange way to put it, but that's the simplest terms I could think of. I'm just not doing my part. Period.

He gave His son for me and for everyone else on this earth, here now, gone already, and not yet arrived.. and I can barely get my rear up for church every Sunday morning?! What the heck?! And that's not even the worst of it.. I mean, I've been telling myself for at LEAST the past 5-7 years that I wanted to read the Bible cover to cover in a year, and do you think, minus during Bible studies, that I've even gotten past Genesis? NO! Ugh I'm just going through a phase right now where I am so disappointed in myself. It's just like trying to lose weight...I know what to do. I know the right choices to make.. yet I fail, fail, fail again.

Sorry, not trying to make this a depressing post, just trying to light a fire under my rear end, and possibly under someone else's in the process? Ya know, witnessing, like, one of the MAIN things we are sent to this Earth to do? Blah! just a bit out done with myself.

Oh well, it's 2012. New year, new me, right? Right! I'll try to do posts on how I'm coming with reading the Bible thru this year... I'm supposed to start January 15th (Sunday). Maybe having this accountability "partner" (my blog), I will DO IT!

I hope you guys have a great weekend! I promise my posts will start having photos in them soon.. just have to load them onto my computer first! Happy weekend!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment