Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"I Will! I Will!"



Wow! I don't even have words to describe this movie and how powerful it is! I borrowed it from a friend last night because I had heard it was a very good movie, and what else is there to do on a random Monday night? So, after supper I begggeeeddd Johnny to watch it with me, and surprisingly, I won the battle! :)

Within the first 3 minutes, yes I said THREE, I was boo-hooing! And it was downhill from there... I'm going to estimate that there were at least 5-10 isolated times that I was wiping away tears during this movie.

I'm not going to be one of those people who ruins the story line and outcome for you, but I just have to say, if you haven't seen it, you MUST! The general message of the movie was SO touching and definitely got through to me and to John John. When the credits started rolling, I wanted to get up and DO something... get up and BE something. I wanted to stop wallering in my own self pity and be grateful for what God has given me. I don't want to just be grateful for those things, but I want to use those things/talents the way God meant me to use them. I'm supposed to be living my life so that Christ shines out of me.. in the way I talk, act, love, etc. I'm supposed to lead others to Christ. My God is so amazing, so why wouldn't I be doing this?

One of the lines in the movie, one of my favorites, says:

"Where are you men of courage? Where are you fathers who fear the Lord? It's time to rise up and answer the call that God has given to you, and say 'I will! I will!' "

This is SO true.. I want nothing more for my children than to have a Christian father who will lead them in what's right and wrong, and teach them to follow Christ. Men are supposed to be the spiritual head of the household and so many men fall short of this calling. Also, what I hope for my children, is that I can be the supportive wife of their father so that he can fulfill his calling more effectively. I hope to set a spiritual example for them day to day, and to help John John mold them into the people that God wants them to be.

I know I'm rambling, but I just can't say it enough how important I think it is that you all see this movie! So touching and moving! So anyways, have a happy Tuesday, and just DO it! Rent it, buy it, borrow it. Just watch it!


xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I am so unbelievably proud of my daughter and son in law!! Just saying! God truly knew Who to send me on January 30th 1988! He sent the most kindest, sweetest, loving daughter a mom could ever want!!!

    ReplyDelete