Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Waiting Game..

I love playing games.. usually any kinds of games.. board games, game shows, football games.. you get the drift. But the Waiting Game, that's one I'm not so fond of!

You all know what I'm talking about.. whether it's waiting to see a long lost friend or family member who is on their way to visit, or waiting to see the results of a test that tells you if your family member has cancer or not, or waiting to finally get the outcome you've been WAITING on your whole life.. blah. I don't like this game. Isn't it time to tap out yet? Give my turn to someone else.

Parents ,teachers, friends, co-workers tell you all the time to "be patient", "wait your turn", "it will all happen in God's time". All that is good and great, and don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have friends and family who try to comfort me when I'm playing this dang waiting game, but I'm just tired of waiting! I wish God knew what Jenn's time was like HA! I'm so impatient and it's a curse, let me tell you!

So, this is why I pray for patience EVERY day! I pray that God would give me the strength to stop asking "When?" "Why not now?" "Why not me?" etc. etc. etc. Johnny boy said this morning, "Jenn, stop asking me so many questions!", and I thought, 'jeez if he's tired of my questions, I know God must be too!'

Do any of you have something you need to work on within yourself? Please tell me yes, so I don't think I'm a horrible person :) Sorry for the rant today, but like I said, I'm using this blog as a way to document my/our lives, and this is part of it! Dealing with my everyday struggles and/or celebrations! Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day, with more patience and less questions!!


P.S. It's Johnny boy's birthday today!! He's a quarter of a century old!!! (25) in 11 days, I'll be one year behind him, but for right now, he's TWO YEARS older than me! Old fart! :)


xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Age is the only thing that helps with "waiting"... Im not patient either (just ask my kids:-) but I have realized that Im better at waiting for God to give the the answer. You are a wonderful amazing person and God will give you everything you need... in His time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true sis! I know that it is hard to wait for things you want. I also know that in my own life when I thought I wasn't ready for a gift. He showed me that I was and just didn't know how much the gift would bless my life so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete