Friday, January 13, 2012

Welcome Y'all!

Well.. hello! My name is Jenn, and as y'all can probably tell, I'm new to this whole blogging thing! I've been reading/following blogs for almost a year now, but actually writing one.. yeesh, we will see how this goes! :)

So, let's start with introducing myself! I'm 23, almost 24 years old.. just married the love of my life, John-John in October of 2011 (no, that is not a typo, his name is John-John :) ) and now we are just living the married life! I am SO enjoying the peace and quiet that comes along with it.. no planning, stressing, ANXIETY of wedding planning! Don't get me wrong, it was TOTALLY worth it and our wedding day was absolutely amazing, but the months leading up to it were the MOST stressful of my entire life! So, now that all that is over, we are just living the simple life, making tough decisions like, ya know, what we're having for supper or what DVR'd TV show we're going to watch that night! It is HEAVEN!

I originally grew up in a town in Texas that didn't have, like, the best mall in the world, but we had the normal stuff like TARGET for crying out loud! The town I now live in (where Johnny boy was born and raised) has.....drumroll.....a gas station. I'm not even lying. No Target, no Wal-Mart, no grocery store... thought I was going to die! But, oddly enough, I am SO enjoying living here in the simple life. I mean, we have places like Target, Wal-Mart grocery stores within at least 20-30 minutes of our house, and the only difference is it takes a little more planning. If you forget sour cream to go with your tacos one night (been there, done that) you call a neighbor and borrow it, instead of just running up the street to the nearest Kroger or Publix! It can be inconvenient, but it is amazing to know all of your neighbors and be able to feel safe walking in pitch black dark outside.. And let me tell you, it has been EXCELLENT for my checkbook that I can't just "run up the street" to Target or..eh em.. the mall :S!

So that's a little bit of an introduction of me.. I'll be doing an introduction of John-John (aka Johnny Boy, JJ, Johnivan...etc. etc.) soon! I'm going to try and keep this thing interesting.. I know I want to do posts about our wedding, my recent trip to NYC, Christmas, etc. All things that have happened in the past 6 months, but that I want to make sure and document. Hopefully one day soon I'll be posting about a pregnancy :), but not just yet! All in God's time! Hope y'all enjoy this.. at least I know I will!


xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of the two of you! Oh wait!! I may be a little biased since I'm your moma! Lol! Good job on the blog! I will def be following it as I always "Stalk you out" in other venues!! Baahaaa!

    ReplyDelete