Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No Name Recipe & Being Real!!

So, not much has been going on 'round these parts lately. I mean, I did celebrate a birthday! But other than that, it's been pretty quiet! So, I decided to share another recipe that I think is going to be delicious! It smells that way anyway..

As you can tell by the title of this post, there wasn't a name attached to the recipe, so I'm going to name it..

Crockpot Chicken Stuffing Goodness

4-6 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken
1/4 cup of water
1 box chicken stove top stuffing
1/2 stick butter
1 package provolone cheese

Put 2-3 chicken breasts on bottom of crock pot. Mix together both cans of cream of chicken and 1/4 cup of water. Pour half of this mixture on top of the chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot. Then, put other 2-3 chicken breasts on top of that and cover with rest of cream/water mixture. Next, pour whole box of unprepared Chicken flavored Stove Top and 1/2 stick of melted butter. Cook this on low for about 6 hours (I went home during lunch and put it on..was perfect by about 6:30 or 7:00) and put slices of provolone in for the last 20-30 minutes.

I haven't tasted this concoction, but let me tell you.. it smells GOOOOOD!! I'm debating on whether or not I can wait for Johnny boy to get his arse home! I guess I probably will..being the good wife that I am! :) haha

Anyways.. I've been reading this blog called "Mama Needs Sushi" and it's all about this couple's journey through trying to get pregnant..getting pregnant..having a miscarriage (so SO sad), and now getting pregnant again! I can SO relate to this girl because she has everything charted down to a tee and is all technical about getting pregnant. It's funny to me that that's the kind of person I can relate to!! However, I find myself thinking... 'wow! did she really just post that out in cyberspace?! I would be mortified!' But I also find myself thinking how brave she is to be REAL with all that she's going through and feeling!

So, this has prompted me to attempt to be more "real" on my blog. Where I am right now.. I reeeeally want to get pregnant! Not sure that we are financially "ready", but really, who is?! I am trying to tell myself that "if it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, it's okay" but every month when it doesn't happen.. it's not okay.. so why even pretend?

I'm trying to keep myself busy and distracted with other things such as new puppy!! (yayy! new post to come soon!! -- can't get him until Feb. 11) and losing weight! I know most of you are thinking 'she's nuts! how can you want to lose weight and get pregnant at the same time?!' HA! I know I'm crazy! I'm trying to mostly focus on being healthy and hopefully losing weight before I am actually blessed with becoming pregnant.. totally nuts, I know!

Anyways, I guess that's why I haven't had much to talk/blog about lately... because I'm not being real about what's running through my mind. And what better place to do it than my own personal blog, right? :) I promise this will NOT be a blog all about trying to get pregnant... but just wanted to be real about what I'm going through right now.

I am trying SO HARD to be thankful for what God has going on in my life right now, and to not dwell on what I WANT to be going on in my life.. I was reading my Bible chapters today (which incidentally I'm waayy behind on, but catching up!) and one of the verses that stuck out to me was "On the mountain of the Lord, it will be provided."

Hope you're all having a FABULOUS Tuesday!


xoxo

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment